Monday, April 25, 2005

Pope pledges to listen to the Spirit

In his homily Sunday Pope Benedict said:

"At this moment there is no need for me to present a program of governance. I was able to give an indication of what I see as my task in my Message of Wednesday April 20, and there will be other opportunities to do so. My real program of governance is not to do my own will, not to pursue my own ideas, but to listen, together with the whole Church, to the word and the will of the Lord, to be guided by Him, so that He Himself will lead the Church at this hour of our history."

I felt very encouraged to hear the Pope speak in this way. To listen to the Lord in prayer is the path to holiness for us individually and as a Church.

What do you think the Spirit is saying to the Church right now?

No comments:

ShareThis