Monday, May 16, 2005

Mom's funeral

Thank you to everyone who offered their prayers for my mother. Her funeral was very beautiful, just how she would have liked it. She had always said she wanted the hymn
"Panis Angelicus" at her funeral, so we had that. The priest who celebrated the Mass was a young priest from Ireland, and he had a wonderful singing voice. At the wake he sang the Irish blessing, "May the road rise to meet you" and at the cemetery he sang the Salve Regina. My mother would have loved it. The homily was wonderful too, about the hope of eternal life.
Even though I miss her, I know she's in a better place and even closer to me now.

1 comment:

Sixtina87 said...

Hi Sister, Welcome back. I'm so sorry about your mother, It will be very hard to let go but you will se her agian soon. I know the irsh blessing song, we sing it eery year at my high school and I will hear it for the last time this firdaya t the senior farewell mass. I will be graduating in a week and I'm not sure what road I am traveling on after high school.

ShareThis