Friday, June 03, 2005

Feast of the Sacred Heart

This year the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus happens to fall on the first Friday of June.
Today's reading from 1 John says, "We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us." What a great gift that is! Yet so many people have such a hard time believing in God's love for them. Leanne Payne, noted for her healing prayer ministry, says that self-hatred is the biggest stumbling block to knowing God's love. The first step in inner healing is to renounce that self-hatred and accept God's love.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I remember about five years ago, my dad had to have his first stent put in. It was very scary for all of us. After we released him from the hospital in Manhattan, my brother dropped me off at the train station. I was early, so I walked the half block to St. Francis to say a prayer of thanks. I got there happy to find ongoing Exposition. It was the Feast of the Immaculate Heart, and I realized my father's heart had just been fixed on the Feast of the Sacred Heart the day before. Kind of nice.

Also, my dad's heart healed itself of an early heart attack he'd had many years before. They called it a God's bypass when they saw it on the angiograms. I got to see one of his angiograms on video last year when he had some chest pain. The doc pointed out this God's bypass, and I thought, "Wow, I am seeing the hand of God's imprint on my father's heart." what a miracle!

Sr. Lorraine said...

Wow, that was a miracle! I think it's great that the doctors called it "God's bypass."

ShareThis