Thursday, October 06, 2005

Synod on Eucharist

I haven't been able to blog much this week because of my other duties.

But one of the sisters told me she was reading about some of the things coming out of the Synod on the Eucharist. It sounds almost like the Vatican Council must have been, with bishops feeling very free to discuss ideas. It doesn't mean that every suggestion will be adopted, of course. Zenit has had some links to some of the ideas if you would like to follow some of the discussion.

3 comments:

xaipe said...

We have been praying for the Synod every day over here.

Anonymous said...

S. Lorraine, thanks for posting the link to Zenit. In my heart, I have been very aware of the Synod, but I have been disappointed that as a Church we have not been doing more conscious thinking about the Synod. It just seems to me like an opportunity to be Church in the biggest sense of the word by spiritually engaging in the spirit of synod wherever we find ourselves. I guess it's up to each of us do that as we can. I hope the Bishops know that they are carried in prayer as the spend these 21 days in this deep engagement with what it means to be a Eucharistic Church and what it means to shepherd and serve such a Church ...
Blessings,
Lisa
cullensdaughter@aol.com

Sr. Lorraine said...

Thanks, Lisa, for your comments. It does seem true that unless the Church makes an effort to follow what's going on at the Synod, people will not be aware of it.
Hopefully the message will get out.

ShareThis