Monday, December 12, 2005

Our Lady of Guadalupe

I didn't post much last week since a lot of other things were going on. Thanks to everyone who left me a birthday wish!

Today's feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe comes just a few days after the Immaculate Conception. Of the two, the Immaculate Conception is the more important feast since it's based on one of the four great Marian dogmas (the others being Mary's divine motherhood, her perpetual virginity, and her Assumption). But somehow Guadalupe has captured the popular imagination more because of the story surrounding the apparition. It really is a lovely story and one thing that always moved me about it was what Mary said to Juan Diego: "Am I not your mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection?" Then she added, "Is there anything else you need?"

If there's anything else we need, Mary will help us get it!

No comments:

ShareThis