Wednesday, February 22, 2006

God has cast into the depths of the sea all our sins


Sr Anne over at nunblog has a great reflection on the reality of sin and evil.

On retreat St Ignatius puts some serious meditations on sin toward the end of the first week. It was very sobering to meditate on it, and at a certain point I realized I was feeling uncomfortable. In prayer I had to honestly look at some areas of sin in my life. My director told me to go back to the place where I felt uncomfortable. It was as if the Holy Spirit was "convicting" me (to use a term the evangelicals like that I like too). At that point I went to confession and just gave all the baggage to Jesus. Then I took some meditative walks along the coast and thought about that wonderful verse somewhere in the Bible: "God has cast into the depths of the sea all our sins."

No comments:

ShareThis