Tuesday, April 04, 2006

John Paul the Great


These past few weeks have been extra busy for me so I haven't done much blogging. But April 2 was the anniversary of Pope John Paul's death. What a privilege it was for all of us to have such a great pope for so many years! I truly believe he will go down in history as one of the greatest popes of all time.

During our pilgrimage to Rome in 1985, I had the privilege of taking part in a Mass in his private chapel. Before the Mass he knelt praying so intensely--he was totally absorbed in God.
On another personal note, much of my editorial work in the past ten years was occupied with preparing his writings for publication--encyclicals, apostolic letters, other letters and documents, and the various collections of his general audiences that we published. In particular, his work on the theology of the body is a milestone and I am very grateful for the small part I have been able to play in making it better know.

What are your memories and reflections about him?

1 comment:

Moneybags said...

Sr. Lorraine,

I never met John Paul ll, but I loved his leadership. I entered the Church when he was Pope, and because of him, I made the decision to become a priest. I owe John Paul ll a lot. He was such an amazing man. Because of him we have World Youth Day, World Day of the Sick, many encyclicals, and countless words of inspiration.

ShareThis