Sr Anne Joan tagged me with a random meme, that is, 6 random things about me. So here goes:
1. I'm always trying to get organized but I never quite make it.
2. I have a weakness for chocolate.
3. I'm interested in eating healthy (note the contradiction from point 2). This point, however, comes from being a cancer survivor. I had a disease called hairy-cell leukemia but recovered from it twice (in 1994 and 1999). Now I'm doing fine.
4. St. Thomas Aquinas is my favorite saint, even though I'm a Daughter of St. Paul. St. Paul comes in second.
5. I belonged to the Catholic Evidence Guild before I entered the convent (in 1976). Once when I was giving a street corner talk in Times Square (yes, we did that), a crazy guy came up and slapped me in the face. It was my big martyrdom moment that I was really proud of: slapped for the faith! I've always said I would like to die as a martyr. (Realistically it's the only way I can see myself avoiding purgatory! Remember all the chocolate...)
6. I love to throw out junk and get rid of garbage. Now that I'm also overseeing maintenance of our Boston facilities in addition to my editorial duties, I can go and clean out something when I start to feel stressed out. I spend more time than I should hanging around dumpsters.
Well, that's it!