Friday, May 19, 2006

ABC Meme

Sr. Anne and Lisa tagged me for this meme, so here goes:

Accent: New York, although 20+ years of living in Boston has toned it down a bit.

Chore I Hate
: Sewing.

Dog or Cat
: Dogs, especially German Shephers

Essential Electronics
: Desktop

Favorite Cologne(s): What's cologne?

Gold or Silver: Gold.

Hometown: Elmont, Long Island

Insomnia: No.

Job Title: Main one: Sister Secondary: Editor, Maintenance Supervisor, Treasurer for the community of Boston.

Kids: I was one once.

Living arrangements: Tiny room in convent with paper-thin walls. The architect never heard of soundproofing.

Most admirable trait: Ability to see others' points of view.

Overnight hospital stays: Twice: in 1994 and 1999. Not since then, thank God!

Phobias: Getting stuck somewhere, like on the highway 300 miles from home.

Quote: "Not to go along the way of God is to go back." (St. Thomas)

Religion: Roman Catholic

Siblings: Two brothers and two sisters; one brother is in heaven.

Time I wake up: 5:30 or 6 (AM)

Unusual talent or skill: When I used to work in our shipping department, I could work on three computer screens at the same time. Of course, computers were slower then.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: I'm pretty much OK with them all, except okra is hard to swallow.

Worst habit: Depends who you ask.

X-rays: Mostly dental.

Yummy stuff I cook: Cooking? What's that?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I, too, have a special love for German Shepherds. Are you familiar with the work of the Monks of New Skete NY who raise German Shepherds?

MM said...

I also have 3 bros and 2 sisters and Im the oldest (22yr old female)

Marty Helgesen said...

"Worst habit: Depends who you ask."
Alternative reply: Well, the one at the end of my closet is getting frayed.

Moneybags said...

Sr. Marianne,

I wanted to konw if you would like to write a little article for my new group blog, Holy Vocations. All of the members are discerning vocations to either the priesthood, life as a sister, or the deaconate. I created it in hopes to help people discern and to increase vocations.

I was wondering if you would write about your personal vocation. Why you joined the order you did. What religious life has done for you. I think that if we hear stories like this then it would help others in their discernment. Would you mind writing a little article then?

Please let me know.

Moneybags said...

Sr. Marianne,

I just wanted to know if you have had any time to write that article on your vocation and the Daughters of St. Paul. I understand if you haven't though because I've been pretty busy too. If you could write one in the next two weeks or so, I would really apprecaite it.

Just please include some of your vocation story as well as what dailyi life in the Daughters of St. Paul is like. I think that if people share their stories then many vocations could be helped.

God Bless!

Christine said...

Sister,

I loved this post! I linked to it at my blog, at this post:

http://ramblinggopsoccermom.blogspot.com/2006/06/abc-meme.html

ShareThis