Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A lot has been happening lately

I haven't had much time for blogging lately due to many things.
But the situation that's developed in the Middle East and especially Lebanon is very serious. Pray the rosary for peace.

The other day I read a page from St Thomas on happiness. The moral section of the Summa is built around the idea of happiness. Virtuous living makes us happy. He was saying how the goal of life is union with God in heaven; that's what we're meant for. We're on a journey.
I can so easily forget that and focus so much on the here and now. But it's a great thing to meditate on: happiness with God forever in eternal life.

2 comments:

Mojo said...

Your blog always makes me think and you're right - we focus so much on the here and now - we forget about our home in heaven!

Thanks for reminding me!

mojo - Ireland

Lisa said...

Glad you are back blogging! I always look forward to your down-to-earth thought-provoking reflections. Hope all is well!

ShareThis