Saturday, August 05, 2006

Our Lady of the Snows

August 5 is the feast of the dedication of the basilica of St. Mary Major, also called Our Lady of the Snows. I visited it in 2003 on our pilgrimage for the beatification of Fr. Alberione. It's a beautiful church. From there we walked to St. Clement church (which has excavations under the church we weren't able to see) and St. John Lateran. The Holy Stairs are nearby that.

In October I'll be going to Rome for a meeting of the bursars (my other job), so I'm starting to look forward to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sr. Lorraine,

I didn't know you were bursar. Is that an accountant? Bursar to whom/what? Anyway, I hope you are not working too hard though. God's blessings to you and all the FSPs. Pray to always persevere in your calling no matter what! The Church needs you!!

Sr. Lorraine said...

Hi,

I'm the bursar for our local community of Boston. It involves accounting work. However, another sister also works in the office and does the lion's share, so I can focus more on my editorial assignment.

xaipe said...

When you are by St. Mary Major, be sure to visit Santa Prassede: it has a charming, tiny 9th century chapel all in mosaics. If you put a euro in the light box, the lights pop on and you feel like you are in a jewel box!

ShareThis