Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Working hard--for what goal?

I recently saw an email marketing newsletter that has a secular focus. The author is a young man who's made a lot of money by working hard and is urging others to do the same. It reminds me of what Jesus said about the children of this world being more clever than we are.

The newsletter asked its readers frankly if, to get rich, they are willing to work 16-hour days, give up TV and other entertainment, and get up an hour earlier to do something to get rich.

It honestly made me reflect: do I have the same kind of determination to work for God and for holiness? If people are willing to work so hard to get rich, shouldn't I, who am aiming for eternal life, be willing to work even harder for that goal?

Mary, assumed into heaven, pray for us that we might keep our eyes on Jesus and work for heaven!

No comments:

ShareThis