Sunday, September 03, 2006

Book Meme

Lisa tagged me for this meme:

1. One book that changed my life: Theology and Sanity by Frank Sheed. I read it in high school (during the time when religious ed. classes in Catholic schools were mostly fluff) and it was my first engagement with the faith at a deeper intellectual level.

2. One book that you've read more than once: Sanctification of the Mind by Bl. James Alberione. In it he expresses so well in his clear, concise way how important our thoughts are in living our lives. He talks about "power ideas" which he says are guiding principles to build our lives on.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Summa Theologiae by St. Thomas Aquinas. It would certainly be something to fill the days!

4. One book that made you laugh: Any of the Far Side cartoon books by Gary Larsen. Somehow I enjoy his twisted sense of humor.

5. One book you wish had been written: The Idiot's Guide to Being a Nun.

6. One book you wish had never been written: I can think of several but just to name one, Hitler's Mein Kampf.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing, S. Lorraine. I continue to find memes a good way of getting to know people.

ShareThis