Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Prayer request

Please pray for two of our sisters who were in a serious car accident yesterday in Arizona. Both are in the hospital recovering from their injuries but one is still in critical condition. Their car was hit by a truck.
On Sunday I had a very strong, unsettling feeling that disturbed me. I had a strong feeling that someone in the community was going to have a car accident. It wasn't just a passing thought but a very real, intense feeling. So all I could do was pray and I did in fact pray that Jesus would watch over and protect all of the sisters who were driving. Who knows--maybe God was inspiring me to pray because of this, and maybe in response to the prayer they managed to survive.
Things like this are amazing to me, how God can inspire us in these ways. I can't really explain it but it did in fact happen.

8 comments:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Oh, how awful! I will pray for them Sister. I hope they will be okay.

MM said...

Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us!

Chris said...

Will definitely keep the sisters in my prayers as well!

Anonymous said...

what a remarkable gift you have.
My Mass this morning will be offered for the Sisters and their families

Sr. Jocelyn Veritas said...

Hey, Sr. Lorraine,

That's sad to hear that. Will keep them in my prayers. Hope to hear more of the update of the condition of the sister.

Micka-EL said...

May the Lord be with them...
I will pray in my retreat today.

Lisa said...

Yes, I've been praying these past few days specially since I first heard the news here. God continue to bless them both!

Chelsea said...

I have been praying for them! I heard from Sr. Rebecca that they were doing better!

:-)

ShareThis