Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent with Mary Day by Day

Ash Wednesday reflection

“We urge you also not to accept the grace of God in vain. For he says, ‘At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you.’ See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation! (2 Cor 6:1–2).

At every moment of our lives, God invites us to accept his offer of grace. No matter how we might have messed up our lives in the past, God offers us a future full of hope. Mary accepted God’s invitation to become the Mother of his Son. She didn’t know what the future would hold, but she did know that God would be there with her. That was enough.


Prayer

Mary, help me to accept the grace of conversion that God is offering me this Lent. Help me to say “yes” to his invitation, so that this day might become for me a “day of salvation.”

© 2007, Daughters of St. Paul

1 comment:

Fr. Gregory said...

Dear Sr. Marianne, Thank you so much for this reminder to us of the absolute necessity of having Our Blessed Mother accompany us during our Lenten journey, indeed to accompany us through all of life's experiences. I have always been moved by words that came to me during prayer 40 years when I was a young novice. They were words that seemed to be coming directly from Our Lady: "There is NOTHING that I will not do for sinners...to bring them to my Son!" What impressed me most about this---is the understanding that I came to...that Our Heavenly Queen is available to sinners in a special way as our MOTHER...and what mother ever rejects a son or daughter even when they have done something terribly wrong?

O my Mother bring to your Son and obtain for me the grace to do exactly what He wants in all the circumstances of my life!

Asking your holy prayers always,

Fr. Gregory

ShareThis