Thursday, August 30, 2007

Two firemen died in Boston fire

Last night there was a bad fire in the West Roxbury neighborhood of Boston, and two firemen died. Several others were injured. Please pray for them and their families.

It happened just a few miles from our convent. A little after 9 PM, I was reading in my room and started to smell smoke coming in through the windows. It was fairly strong, and then I heard a lot of sirens blaring for a very long time. I and the other sisters also saw and heard several helicopters flying over the nearby area.

The two men who died were in their early to mid fifties and had teenage children. What a suffering it must be for their families to go through this! I really have to admire the courage of these men who put their lives on the line every day.

This is a news link about it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What losses! Thank you for letting us know. Our prayers are joined with yours for these men and their families, friends, and colleagues...

Anonymous said...

I just read about this on Cardinal Sean O'Malley's blog. How tragic! My brother is a firefighter in Chicago. They are truly heroes.
RAP

ShareThis