Monday, September 21, 2009

Response to an inquiry

The following is a comment that was left in one of the posts:
"Hello, I just came across your blog. I am a spiritual seeker, trying to find my path (I want to know God but have no idea where to start or how to believe, I know it sounds crazy!). So although I'm not a Catholic, I can't help but appreciate the beauty of your faith:-). I have actually considered going to a Catholic church in my area. I would like to take Catechist classes as well. I, too believe we have a culture of death more than a culture of life in America. Take the rate of crime here, and the fact that there are some 32 (average) gun-related deaths here EVERYDAY when England only has about 23 per YEAR! I am draw to the beauty of the Catholic faith, and the peace Christ invokes. I truly believe Love, Compassion, and Peace are much needed in this world. God bless you, the nuns-all the work you do for good! I also in particular love the Fransican covents-as I am an avid animal lover."

*******
Thank you for your beautiful and sincere comment. I certainly will pray for you as you pursue your spiritual journey. Just doing that is a big step in the right direction. The first letter of John says: "We know that we are God's children, and that the whole world lies under the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know him who is true, and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ." (1 Jn 5:19-20)
I hope that you do visit a Catholic church in your area. Parishes are different, and some have more active outreach programs than others. Most do have programs of welcome and opportunities for those who are interested to find out more about the Catholic faith.
In the meantime I would encourage you to read the Bible, the Word of God. The Gospels are a good place to start.
If you have any questions please feel free to leave them and I will do my best to answer them as I am able to.
God bless you!

5 comments:

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

I might not be much, but I will remember that seeker of truth in my daily prayers. Especially at Holy Mass and while praying the Rosary. Our Lady of La Salette, Reconciler of Sinners, bring us all home safely to your Son Jesus.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Let's remember all seekers of truth in prayer. What a wonderful answer you gave her, Sister.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

We thank Jesus for founding a Church to provide us with the means of salvation. The Church is His Mystical Body, not a mere "system of religion"

Holiness is our primary vocation. I humbly offer this post:
http://lasalettejourney.blogspot.com/2009/02/in-evening-of-life-we-will-be-judged-on.html

temptationgirl said...

Thanks so much for your response to my comment on a previous post, it is appreciated. I do feel more encouraged as most of the people around me are not spiritual at all. I am also dealing with a lot of stress at home with my mother, and grandmother who is at the last stage of her illness. She's been in, and out of the hospital several times this year alone. I have dealt a lot with depression, and a spiritual crisis has resulted because of this. My hunger to know God has also been made more difficult than it should be because of a few family members yet I am now seeking to know God. I have started to read the New Testament. I feel inspired by what I've been reading. I have always been told that I am a gentle, kind person so perhaps God will be able to use me to contribute more good into the world in some way, however tiny. Again, thank you for your kind response. Thanks to those on here who are praying for me out of compassion, and care. It means a lot to me.

Sr. Lorraine said...

Thanks, "temptation girl," for your additional comments. It's hard to deal with depression. God understands what you are going through. I will continue to pray for you. God bless you!

ShareThis