Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anglicans and the Catholic Church

You've probably heard in the news that Pope Benedict has issued a new Apostolic Constitution that makes it easier for Anglicans to unite with Rome. There are a lot of important aspects to this story, because it is not just about individuals but congregations becoming Catholic, bringing their own pastors. The American Papist blog has a lot of links to this story right now, with in-depth coverage.

Here in Boston there was a small Anglican congregation who came into full communion with the Catholic Church about 10 years or so ago. They came with their priest who I believe was then ordained as a Catholic priest. Bishop Lennon of Cleveland, who was then here in Boston as one of our chaplains, worked with them to accomplish this. They have their own parish where they follow a modified form of the Catholic liturgy that allows them to still use some of the Anglican liturgical rites.

I'm not sure exactly how what they did is different from what the Pope is allowing now. But it seems that it will be easier for groups such as this to become Catholic.
Pope Benedict is being very pastoral and trying to smooth their way.

3 comments:

roger said...

Very sorry to bother you. I am wondering if you are the daughter of Louis Trouve? I am the Historian and VP of the 44th BGVA, Roger Fenton. You can verify that through Ruth Morse-Davis. I have recently read the account of Mr. Trouve in the Eightball Tails. The copilot of that ship Thomas Drysdale,who lives in the Phoenix area in Arizona, contacted me and wants to contact the Daughter of Louis. If you are her and are interested in speaking with Mr. Drysdale, who knew Mr. Trouve, please let me know. If you are not I apologize for bothering you. You can get me at my listed email or call me at 480-893-3761 and I will provide you with his information.

THANKS,

Roger Fenton Historian/VP 44th BGVA
Son of Capt. Milton Fenton Navigator 44th BG. 66th BS. 506th BS.

Sr. Lorraine said...

Yes, that's my Dad! I would enjoy speaking to Mr Drysdale. I'll call you.
Thanks!

牛肉麵King said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區

ShareThis