Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent with Mary

I'm hoping to post some Lenten reflections that deal with Mary. Here's the one for tomorrow. Happy Lent everyone!

Ash Wednesday

“We urge you also not to accept the grace of God in vain. For he says, ‘At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you.’ See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation! (2 Cor 6:1–2).

At every moment of our lives, God invites us to accept his offer of grace. No matter how we might have messed up our lives in the past, God offers us a future full of hope. Mary accepted God’s invitation to become the Mother of his Son. She didn’t know what the future would hold, but she did know that God would be there with her. That was enough.

Prayer
Mary, help me to accept the grace of conversion that God is offering me this Lent. Help me to say “yes” to his invitation, so that this day might become for me a “day of salvation.”

No comments:

ShareThis