From Jimmy Bell, a blogger at American Principles Project:
The Senate Health Care Reform Bill
• spends taxpayer dollars on health care plans that fund abortions,
• spends $12 billion on Community Health Centers that Planned Parenthood will be eligible for,
• gives the Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius the right to declare abortion as a pre-existing condition to be covered under every health care plan in the federal exchange under the Mikulski Amendment,
• eliminates conscience protections for insurance providers,
• trip-wires the direct funding of abortions to potential expiration,
• and forces everyone, including men and old women, to pay at least $1 (to be raised under jurisdiction of Congress) to a fund for “reproductive rights” that will cover 100% of the cost for anyone who gets elective abortions.
To say that the Senate Health Care Reform Bill is the greatest expansion of abortion since Roe v. Wade is an understatement.