Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas novena starts tomorrow

When I entered the convent, one of the treasures I found out about is the liturgical Christmas novena. This particular novena originated in northern Italy, and has very beautiful hymns and chants, including the O Antiphons. We use it for our morning prayer during this last part of Advent.

Last year Sr Anne Joan recorded and put it on youtube (sung by herself and another sister or two with good voices--not me!) I hope to link to it each day of the novena. It's a great way to spend a few minutes praying and thinking about the real purpose of Advent.

Come, Lord Jesus!

2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Last Sunday our Filipino priest announced to us that he plans to introduce us to Simbang gabi, which means "night worship." We are invited to gather for celebration of Eucharist every evening of the nine days before Christmas. We don't have many Filipinos in our parish, but all are invited, and I plan to attend. Please pray that Fr. Tabios has a good turnout.

Sr. Lorraine said...

That's a beautiful way to celebrate the Christmas novena! I will pray that many people will attend.

God bless you!

ShareThis