Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pope Francis HABEMUS PAPAM!



Just a little over a month ago, who would have thought we would have a new Pope? And a Jesuit, and a South American at that!
When he came out on the balcony and gave that little wave of his hand, I knew right away that I would like him. He seemed a little bit shy or reserved, and then when he stood there for what seemed like a long time, without saying anything, I felt a sense of the seriousness of the task he has been given. Then later when he smiled he signaled a warmth of personality that he must have. He said at the end that tomorrow he would go to pray to Mary (I presume at a Marian shrine). So he is Marian too.

St Francis heard the words from Jesus: "Rebuild my Church!" I think that by choosing this name, our new Pope is telling us that it is time to rebuild the Church from the sin, the scandals, the apostasy. It's time to take seriously the new evangelization. May the seeds that have been sown by previous Popes, especially John Paul and Benedict, now start to bear greater fruit in this new millennium.

1 comment:

K T Cat said...

I love the choice for so many reasons! What a wonderful development for our Church.

ShareThis